September 25, 2014 - Issue 51
Managing ssh known hosts with ansible
by Jurian Sluiman
Patch CVE-2014-6271 (Shellshock) with Ansible
by Remy van Elst
Secure your Servers from the 2014 bash Vulnerability using Ansible
by Server Check.in
Ansible: Being the Glue so you don't have to
by Bill Nottingham
Automated Oracle RAC Installation using Ansible (part 3)
by Mikael Sandström
Ansible as Remote Executor in a Puppet Environment
by Christian Zunker
Community at the Speed of Light: Best Practices for the New Era of Open Source
by Greg DeKoenigsberg, Michael DeHaan
Setting default screen brightness in Ubuntu with Ansible
by Jim Rybarski
Rebuilding Capistrano like Deployment with Ansible
by Robert Reiz
Vagrant & Ansible Quickstart Tutorial
by Adam Brett
First Ansible's London Meetup
by Maxime Thoonsen
Greg Dekoenigsberg (Ansible) Interviewed - Velocity NY 2014
via O'Reilly (~5 min)
1.8 "Everybody Wants Some" - Active Deployment
- added the ability to set "instance filters" in the ec2.ini to limit results from the inventory plugin.
- added a new "follow" parameter to the file and copy modules, which allows actions to be taken on the target of a symlink rather than the symlink itself.
1.7.2 "Summer Nights" - Sep 24, 2014
- bug fix in accelerate mode which caused a traceback when trying to use that connection method.
- bug fix in vault where the password file option was not being used correctly internally.
- improved multi-line parsing when using YAML literal blocks (using > or |).
- bug fix for the file module and the creation of relative symlinks.
- bug fix for checkmode not being honored during the templating of files.
- other various bug fixes.
1.7.1 "Summer Nights" - Aug 14, 2014
- security fix to disallow specifying 'args:' as a string, which could allow the insertion of extra module parameters through variables.
- performance enhancements related to previous security fixes, which could cause slowness when modules returned very large JSON results. This specifically impacted the unarchive module frequently, which returns the details of all unarchived files in the result.
- Docker module bug fixes:
- fixed support for specifying rw/ro bind modes for volumes
- fixed support for allowing the tag in the image parameter
- other various bug fixes
For more details, see the CHANGELOG.
October 14, San Francisco, CA > AnsibleFest 2014 San Francisco
October 1, Arlington, NE > Ansible
October 7, Los Angeles, CA > Breaking up with your datacenter (and moving to AWS)
October 11, Corvallis, OR > DevOps DayCamp
October 13, Fort Collins, CO > Throwdown: Ansible vs. Salt
October 15, Los Angeles, CA > Kickoff meeting
November 22–23, Toronto, Canada > Scaling EventMobi: From Monolithic PHP to Distributed Python Microservice Architecture
September 29, Amsterdam, Netherlands > Ansible and Drupal
October 4-5, Zagreb, Croatia > WebCamp Zagreb 2014: Ansible, just orchestrate it
October 17, Bordeaux, France > [CONF] RUN | PROVISION | DEPLOY - Your Workstation in Production
October 23, Helsinki, Finland > 3rd OpenStackFin User Group meetup
November 10–12, Mannheim, Germany > Continuous Lifecycle 2014: Automatisieren mit Ansible
November 20, Cardiff, United Kingdom > Unified Diff
Via Lorin Hochstein
___________________________________________ / Some of the world's most prestigious news \ | organizations are using Ansible: | \ https://github.com/theonion/ansible-roles / ------------------------------------------- \ ^__^ \ (oo)\_______ (__)\ )\/\ ||----w | || ||