Nov 14, 2013 - Issue 8
Soooo loving the new t-shirt design!
Provision Your Local Machines with Ansible
By Mark Mandel
AnsibleWorks Banks on Big Traction Among DevOps Faithful
By Barb Darrow
Install Oracle on CentOS 6.4 With Vagrant and Ansible
By Ismail Dhorat
Sublime Syntax Highlighting for Ansible
By Clifford Sanders
Rapidly Provision Jenkins on AWS Using Ansible
By Mark Phillips
Juju + Ansible = Simpler Charms
By Michael Nelson
Upcoming in Ansible
Release of 1.4 is coming soon. Here's a quick recap from AnsibleWorks on the new goodies:
- New modules for the Google Compute Engine: create instances, disks, networks, firewalls, and load balancers from Ansible playbooks.
- A new do/until feature which can be used to retry failed tasks.
- Automatically provides advice on common YAML syntax problems while parsing playbooks.
- Many new modules: EC2 Elastic IPs, Rackspace load balancers, and more.
- Hundreds of smaller updates and improvements.
For more on the features upcoming in the 1.4 "Could This Be Magic" release, see the devel branch's CHANGELOG.
Upcoming in AWX 1.4:
- Brand-new cloud inventory connection features: sync your inventory from Rackspace and EC2 right from the UI.
- A dashboard of current system status including any failed hosts, inventory updates, and project SCM status.
- Unified credential management for clouds, SCM, and managed hosts.
- Activity Stream: see who is doing what, where, on your team.
- Numerous improvements and bug fixes.
See how to get started with AWX in the new Quick Start video.
Nov 12-15, Las Vegas > AWS re:Invent
Say "Hi!" to the AnsibleWorks folks at booth 1028
"cowsay might be the best thing in the world. but ansible's use of cowsay might be even better." -Ian Weller (@ianweller)
_______________________________________ / cowsay might be the best thing in the \ | world. but ansible's use of cowsay | \ might be even better. / --------------------------------------- \ ^^ \ (oo)_____ (__)\ )\/\ ||----w | || ||